Table of Contents
WireGuard is a new VPN protocol, way faster and simpler than OpenVPN, without sacrificing security.
You can't use WireGuard if your ISP blocks UDP.
Please follow these steps to use the WireGuard VPN:
Create a key
You need a different key for each device. Skip this step if you already have an unused key.
To create a new key, go to My account > Services: VPN > WireGuard then click on “Create new WireGuard key”.
Download a configuration file
Go to My account > Services: VPN > WireGuard then click on “Configuration file”. Choose “automatic”, unless you have specific reasons to force a protocol.
Do not share your configuration file. It contains your private key.
Import the configuration file into WireGuard
- Windows: Click on the WireGuard icon in the notification area, then click on “Add Tunnel”.
- macOS: Click on the WireGuard icon in the system tray, then “Import tunnel(s) from file…”.
- Android/iOS: Open the WireGuard app, press on “+” and choose “Import from file or archive”.
- Linux/*BSD generic (command line interface): No import needed.
Activate the tunnel
- Windows: Click on the WireGuard icon in the notification area, then click on “Activate”.
- macOS: Click on the WireGuard icon in the system tray, then “arethusa_eu”.
- Android/iOS: Open the WireGuard app and toggle “arethusa_eu”.
- Linux/*BSD generic (command line interface):
sudo wg-quick up arethusa_eu.conf
sudo wg-quick down arethusa_eu.conf
Once activated, check your IP addresses.
“WireGuard” and the “WireGuard” logo are registered trademarks of Jason A. Donenfeld.