Table of Contents
This documentation is for OpenVPN 2.5.0 or newer, for computers running Windows 7 or newer.
- If you have a very old OpenVPN version (before 2.4), uninstall it and remove your configuration files.
- Click “Install Now”, allow OpenVPN setup to make changes to your device, then “Close”.
- Generate and download an OpenVPN configuration file: My account > Services: VPN > "Generate OpenVPN configuration file" > "Generate"
- Right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon in the system tray, then click on “Import > Import file…”.
- Select the arethusa.ovpn file you just downloaded and click “Open”.
- Right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon in the system tray, then click on “Connect”.
- Enter your VPN username and password then click “OK”.
- If a window asks you to select a location for the network, choose “Public network”. If a window asks you if your PC should be discoverable on this network, choose “No”.
Once connected, check your IP addresses.
To get the OpenVPN log, right click on the OpenVPN GUI icon in the system tray, then click on “Show status” or “View log”.